Awards, Grants, and Fellowships (selected)
- National Institute of Mental Health
- Ford Foundation
- American Educational Research Association
- Administration on Aging
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- Center for the Study of Post-Communist Societies (University of Maryland, College Park)
- Distinguished Faculty Member of the Year in Research and Scholarship (1986-1987)
- Who’s Who in America (2010)
Consulting and grant proposal/ manuscript reviewing (selected)
International Fellowships Awards Panel, American Association of University Women (AAUW) Educational Foundation, Washington, DC; Women’s Institute Faculty Development Summer Seminar (Anne Arundel Community College, Maryland); Managerial and Professional Society (Baltimore, Maryland); Essex Community College (Maryland); Carroll Community College (Maryland); Department of Health and Human Services, Administration on Aging; Maryland Commission for Women; Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants; Maryland Economic Development Association; Internal Revenue Service (Baltimore). Much of the community and professional consulting focused on issues of gender, racial, and ethnic inequality.
Editorial referee and reviewer, The American Sociologist, Contemporary Sociology, The Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, Women & Criminal Justice, Sex Roles, Sociological Quarterly Review, Harper and Row, Houghton Mifflin Company, Prentice Hall, Roxbury, Routledge, Lawrence-Erlbaum, and Sage publishers.